Date Submitted: 5/28/2010
What school did you decide on? Germantown Academy
Calendar year your child entered/will enter 2010
Grade your child entered/will enter Pre-K
What neighborhood are you in? NW Philly
What schools did you consider? GA, Penn Charter, Waldron Mercy Academy, Norwood-Fontbonne Academy
What factors were most important to you? Financial Aid Package, Reputation, Teaching Philosophy, School Performance (test scores, success of graduates), Teacher Quality, Special Programs (language immersion, music, etc.)
What first attracted you to the school? The academic reputation of the students and faculty stood out the most. We were also very impressed by the small class sizes. Our child will be in a classroom of 14 bright students that will be guided by both a teacher and a full-time teaching assist. The campus is also the best in the Northwest section of the city and burbs, and the plans for the new middle and upper school and athletic facilities were exciting. GA just seemed to be the best and most well-rounded school of the options we investigated.
Did you relocate in order to choose this school? No
On the political spectrum, I consider myself to be Moderate
Please share anything else about your experience Start the process of investigating schools and attending open houses early.
- Why I Chose Penn Charter: 2011-09-25 School Selection Report
- Why I Chose Perelman Jewish Day School: 2011-10-11 School Selection Report
- Why I Chose Germantown Friends School: 2011-02-15 School Selection Report
- Why I Chose Germantown Friends School: 2011-02-03b School Selection Report
- Types of Philadelphia Elementary Schools