News items of interest to parents this week, from all over the media.
- Voucher bill lists eligible schools | Philadelphia Public School Notebook–144 schools are eligible, including 88 in Philadelphia.
- Green Woods Charter School will relocate by 2012. WHYY/Newsworks
- How to Choose a School for Your Child, CNN. It turns out school choice angst isn’t just for Philadelphia families. Thanks to my friend Nina for the heads up to this article.
- Philly Parents Long Anticipated Date With Ackerman Approaching | Philadelphia Public School Notebook: Mark your calendars–1 p.m. Feb. 4 at 440 N. Broad St.
- I wrote back in April how, Penn Alexander is a Crapshoot because catchment families are not guaranteed a spot in kindergarten. Well, Monday was kindergarten registration day and parents lined up before mindnight to secure a spot there | 6 ABC [Video]
- Second Group of renaissance Schools Announced | The Notebook – The District has announced two new turnaround models and a total of 18 new Renaissance Schools.
- Good Morning America featured the story, as did this local news organization in Ohio–Jailed for School Choice: Kelley Williams-Bolar: Jailed for Sending Kids to “White” School District
Hear an interesting story related to school choice in Philadelphia? Let us know.